The Paul Stoddard Library at Housatonic Valley Regional High School provides a respectful environment in which all patrons- students, staff, and members of the community- can engage in independent and collaborative inquiry through numerous resources that are diverse with regards to media, rigor, and perspective.
The Paul Stoddard Library is open to students, staff, and faculty from 7:30 AM until the late bus- generally 5:30 PM- on open school days. Community members are welcome with prior arrangement with the library staff. We offer curriculum-based print, electronic and audio visual media.
Click here to reserve your spot in the library during a Study Hall period.
The links below will allow you to search the High School’s collection and that of The Hotchkiss School.
- HVRHS Library Catalog Search
- Edsel Ford Library Catalog
- HVRHS Overdrive Digital Library (To log in to Overdrive, students use their ten-digit student IDs and faculty use their ten-digit EIN. The password for everyone is bluegold. You can download books and audiobooks in our Overdrive collection. Different devices will require different apps- but download the Overdrive app for free to get started! More titles are coming… stay tuned!)
HVRHS is also happy to provide links to these online encyclopedias for student use.
- Encyclopedia Britannica – Annals of American History*
- researchIT CT (formerly iConn.org)- Connecticut’s Digital Library*
- Khan Academy
- Salem History
- Gale Engage – Student Resource Center
- ABC-Clio World Geography*
- Infobase Video on Demand (see Media Center Staff for login information)
- Purdue – Online Writing Lab
- Points of View – Reference Center
- Science Online (user – hvrhs : password – bluegold)